2. Enrollment in Discover® Click to Pay
- You can enroll yourself in Discover® Click to Pay during the checkout process on a participating merchant website. When enrolling in Discover® Click to Pay, you will be asked to register your identification credentials (email); confirm the validity of your identification credentials (entering the one-time-passcode sent via email); and add your Card(s) and consumer information (billing address and shipping address).
- Your Card issuer may enroll your Card in Discover® Click to Pay. Before you can use Discover® Click to Pay as a payment method, you will be asked to register your identification credentials (email) and confirm the validity of your identification credentials (entering the one-time-passcode sent via email).
All of the information captured during your enrollment is stored in your Discover® Click to Pay profile (“Profile”). All of the information in your Profile relating to your enrolled Card(s), including, but not limited to, Card data, Card or account number, Card security code, expiration date, and billing address, is referred to as the “Card Information.” Once enrolled, you can manage the content of your Profile, including, but not limited to, adding and deleting Cards, registering or removing trusted devices, updating shipping and billing addresses, and deleting your Profile.
- Residents of the United States (including its territories);
- At least 18 years old (or the minimum age in your jurisdiction for entering into a binding contract);
- Able to access the Internet on a computer or other device; and
- The valid cardholders or authorized users of one or more Cards, and in good standing with respect to such Card account(s).
By registering to use Discover® Click to Pay, you represent and warrant that you meet the above eligibility requirements. Access to Discover® Click to Pay from any location where it is illegal or otherwise restricted is prohibited.
- You have the authority to bind the legal entity;
- Such legal entity is authorized to conduct business in the jurisdiction(s) in which you operate; and
- employees, officers, agents, and other representatives of the legal entity who use your Discover® Click to Pay account are duly authorized to access it and to engage in transactions using your Discover® Click to Pay account.
4. Use of your Profile
- You are a valid holder or authorized user of that Card;
- The Card Information contains personal financial information;
- You are solely responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the information you store within your Profile, including the Card Information;
- You are solely responsible for maintaining up-to-date information in your Profile, including current and complete Card Information; and
- Discover may take steps to update certain information about your Card to help keep your Profile up-to-date, including payment information, using information and third party sources available to Discover, without any action on your part.
- All charges or debits to your Card(s) that result from transactions made using your Profile;
- Any interest, fees, charges or expenses from your Card issuer in connection with the transaction;
- Reporting and paying any applicable taxes arising from transactions made using your Profile; and
- Any fees charged by your telecommunications provider or any other third party in connection with your use of Discover® Click to Pay on your mobile device.
Discover has no responsibility or liability for the authenticity, validity, accuracy, or completeness of the Card Information that (i) you provide as part of your Profile and (ii) Discover transmits on your behalf in relation to a transaction utilizing Discover® Click to Pay.
5. Account Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any of your usernames, emails, phone numbers, personal identification numbers, or any other codes you use to access Discover® Click to Pay and your Profile. Furthermore, you are responsible for adequately securing any devices that you may utilize to access Discover® Click to Pay and your Profile through the use of passwords or other appropriate authentication methods.
6. Relationship to Merchants and Issuers
Discover® Click to Pay is not a bank, payment card issuer, or payment account. Discover® Click to Pay helps facilitate the payment transaction, but is not a party to the transaction.
The payment to or from a merchant in connection with your use of Discover® Click to Pay, including the purchase or return of products or services, is solely between you and the merchant. The merchant’s terms and conditions will govern all aspects of that transaction and the merchant’s use of your Card Information. The transaction will be reflected in the account which relates to the Card you used for the transaction, and payment of that account is solely a matter between you and your Card issuer.
Since Discover is not a party to the transaction made using Discover® Click to Pay, Discover is not able to resolve any refund or reversal issues you may have with the transaction. If you require a refund or reversal of any transaction completed using Discover® Click to Pay, you must contact the applicable merchant and/or your Card issuer. If you have a dispute with a merchant about a transaction made with Discover® Click to Pay, you are solely responsible for settling the dispute directly with the merchant or via your Card issuer.
7. Cardholder Agreement
9. License Grant
By Discover. Discover grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable license to use Discover® Click to Pay in accordance with these Terms for so long as you are enrolled in Discover® Click to Pay (the “License”). Discover may, in its sole discretion, suspend, discontinue or terminate this License at any time, for any reason. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms are expressly reserved by Discover, its affiliates, or its licensors.
10. Compliance with Law
11. Restricted Activity
- Breach these Terms or any other policy, terms of service, or agreement that you have agreed to with Discover;
- Violate any Applicable Law;
- Provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information;
- Engage in fraudulent, deceptive, unfair, or illegal activity;
- Unless permitted under Applicable Law, refuse to cooperate in an investigation or refuse to confirm your identity or any information you provide to Discover;
- Infringe on Discover’s or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy Discover® Click to Pay;
- Attempt to obtain unauthorized access to Discover® Click to Pay (or any portions thereof) that are restricted from general access;
- Decompile, reverse engineer, copy, modify, or otherwise access or attempt to access the source code relating to Discover® Click to Pay;
- Tamper with another user’s data or use of Discover® Click to Pay, impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity;
- Forge or replace headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any information, data, or other content;
- Rent, lease, sell, distribute, or otherwise commercially exploit Discover® Click to Pay or any portion thereof;
- Disrupt the normal flow of information or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to use Discover® Click to Pay;
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, time bombs, traps, or any programming of a destructive nature designed to disrupt, disable, harm, or otherwise impede the operation of Discover® Click to Pay;
- Attempt to interfere with or circumvent any security method used by Discover;
- Interfere with or disrupt Discover® Click to Pay (including, without limitation, servers or networks associated with Discover® Click to Pay) or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks associated with Discover® Click to Pay;
- Use Discover® Click to Pay if doing so would result in your breach of an obligation to a third party, including, without limitation, any workplace or other policies that apply to you; and
- Use Discover® Click to Pay in connection with any other activities that Discover notifies you are prohibited.
12. Proprietary Rights
14. Third Party Websites and Content
15. Term and Termination
Discover reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to stop providing Discover® Click to Pay, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice to you. Discover may suspend or terminate your use of Discover® Click to Pay or your access to your Profile at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice, including, but not limited to, in the event Discover reasonably believes (i) you have breached these Terms or (ii) your Profile is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date.
You may terminate these Terms and your use of Discover® Click to Pay for any reason or no reason, at your convenience, by deleting your Profile and stopping all use of any Discover® Click to Pay services and systems
16. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF THIS SECTION 16 APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR YOUR USE OF DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY, INCLUDING USE OF YOUR PROFILE. YOU AGREE THAT DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS. NO INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM DISCOVER OR THROUGH OR FROM DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. DISCOVER CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT DISCOVER DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER YOUR TRANSACTIONS USING YOUR CARD INFORMATION, AND DISCOVER CANNOT ENSURE THAT ALL TRANSACTIONS WILL BE COMPLETED OR THAT YOUR CARD ISSUER WILL AUTHORIZE THE TRANSACTIONS THAT YOU INITIATE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL DISCOVER AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DISCOVER PARTIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITY, LOST DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, INTANGIBLE LOSS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER DISCOVER IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE. THE DISCOVER PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR: (I) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY FOR ANY REASON; (II) ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH A TRANSACTION USING DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY; (III) ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND A MERCHANT; (IV) ANY INACCURACY, INCOMPLETENESS, OR MISINFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY; (V) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR LOSS OF YOUR DATA THAT IS STORED OR TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY; OR (VI) ANY INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, ERRORS, OR NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGES RELATING TO YOUR USE OF DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY, INCLUDING ANY SECURITY BREACH OR OTHER ISSUE RELATING TO A THIRD PARTY SYSTEM THAT INTERACTS WITH DISCOVER® CLICK TO PAY THAT IS NOT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY DISCOVER.
18. Governing Law
Agreement to Arbitrate. In the event of a dispute between you and Discover arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the relationships resulting from these Terms, including, for example, a dispute based on a federal or state statute or local ordinance (“Claim”), either you or Discover may choose to resolve the Claim by binding arbitration, as described below, instead of in court. Any Claim (except for a claim challenging the validity or enforceability of this arbitration agreement, including the Class Action Waiver) may be resolved by binding arbitration if either side requests it. THIS MEANS IF EITHER YOU OR DISCOVER CHOOSES ARBITRATION, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL. ALSO DISCOVERY AND APPEAL RIGHTS ARE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. Even if all parties have opted to litigate a Claim in court, you or Discover may elect arbitration with respect to any Claim made by a new party or any new Claims later asserted in that lawsuit.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER. ARBITRATION MUST BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. THIS MEANS NEITHER YOU NOR DISCOVER MAY JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION BY OR AGAINST OTHERS, OR LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY.
The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. The arbitrator may not award class, representative or public injunctive relief. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph’s limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then after all appeals from that decision have been exhausted, that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court. Only a court, and not an arbitrator, shall determine the validity, scope, and effect of the Class Action Waiver.
Your Right to go to Small Claims Court. Discover will not choose to arbitrate any individual claim you bring in small claims court or your state’s equivalent court. However, if such a claim is transferred, removed or appealed to a different court, Discover may then choose to arbitrate.
Governing Law and Rules. This arbitration agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). Arbitration must proceed only with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The rules for the arbitration will be those in this arbitration agreement and the procedures of the AAA, but the rules in this arbitration agreement will be followed if there is disagreement between the agreement’s and the AAA’s procedures. If the AAA’s procedures change after the Claim is filed, the procedures in effect when the Claim was filed will apply. For a copy of the AAA’s procedures, to file a Claim or for other information, please contact the AAA at 1101 Laurel Oak Rd., Voorhees, NJ 08043, www.adr.org (1-877-495-4185).
If the AAA is completely unavailable, and if you and Discover cannot agree on a substitute, then either you or Discover may request that a court with jurisdiction appoint a substitute.
Fees and Costs. If you wish to begin arbitration against Discover but you cannot afford to pay the AAA’s or arbitrator’s costs, Discover will advance those costs if you ask us in writing. Any request like this should be sent to DFS Services LLC, 2500 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods, IL 60015. If you lose the arbitration, the arbitrator will decide whether you must reimburse Discover for money Discover advanced for you for the arbitration. If you win the arbitration, Discover will not ask for reimbursement of money it advanced. Additionally, if you win the arbitration, the arbitrator may decide that you are entitled to be reimbursed your reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs (if actually paid by you).
- Follow all applicable substantive law, except when contradicted by the FAA;
- Follow applicable statutes of limitations;
- Honor valid claims of privilege; and
- Issue a written decision including the reasons for the award.
The arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding except for any review allowed by the FAA. However, if more than $100,000 was genuinely in dispute, then either you or Discover may choose to appeal to a new panel of three (3) arbitrators. The appellate panel is completely free to accept or reject the entire original award or any part of it.
The appeal must be filed with AAA not later than thirty (30) days after the original award issues. The appealing party pays all appellate costs unless the appellate panel determines otherwise as part of its award.
Other Beneficiaries of this Agreement. In addition to you and Discover, the rights and duties described in this arbitration agreement apply to: Discover’s affiliates and Discover’s and their officers, directors and employees; and any third party co-defendant of a Claim subject to this arbitration agreement.
Maintenance. Discover reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without any notice requirement, to suspend and/or deny access to Discover® Click to Pay for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance, upgrades, improvements or corrections.
Notices. Unless provided otherwise by Discover, all notices required from you under these Terms must be sent to DFS Services LLC, 2500 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods, IL 60015 or any subsequent addresses specified by Discover from time to time, in its sole discretion. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you may be delivered by email, postings on Discover’s website, or other forms of electronic communications. All such electronic communications will satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
Severability. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, then the parties agree to consider such provision automatically revised so that it complies with the law and fits the parties’ original intent as closely as possible. The remainder of these Terms will continue to apply.
Interpretation and Construction. In these Terms, unless a clear contrary intention appears: (a) the singular number includes the plural number and vice versa; (b) the headings of Sections in these Terms are provided for convenience only and will not affect their construction or interpretation; all references to “Sections” refer to the corresponding Sections of these Terms, unless otherwise stated; (c) “hereunder,” “hereof,” and “herein” shall be deemed references to these Terms as a whole and not to any particular Section or other provision hereof; (d) “including” (and with correlative meaning “include”) means including without limiting the generality of any description preceding the word “including”; (e) where specific language is used to clarify by example a general statement contained herein, such specific language shall not be deemed to modify, limit or restrict in any manner; and (f) “or” is used in the inclusive sense of “and/or”.
Enforcing these Terms. Discover may delay enforcing or not enforce any of its rights under these Terms without losing or waiving any of them.
Relationship of the Parties. Nothing in these Terms will be construed to create an agency, joint venture, or employment relationship between you and Discover.
Assignment. Discover may assign these Terms, and the rights and obligations hereunder, to any third party without notice to or consent from you. You may not assign your rights and obligations under these Terms.
Third-Party Beneficiaries. Either of us, including any of the Discover family of companies, is entitled to enforce rights under these Terms. Otherwise, no other person or company will be a third-party beneficiary to these Terms.
Survival. Even after your use of Discover® Click to Pay ends or these Terms are terminated, provisions in these Terms that by their nature should survive termination shall survive and still apply after termination, including, but not limited to, the Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, Governing Law, and Arbitration Sections.
Force Majeure. Discover will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations hereunder resulting from any cause beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes, earthquakes, fires, floods, epidemics, or pandemics.
Updates. These Terms were last updated as of the date at the bottom of these Terms. Discover may, in its sole discretion, modify, update, discontinue, suspend, or otherwise change, temporarily or permanently, any or all aspects of Discover® Click to Pay with or without notice to you. As these Terms are subject to change, you should regularly visit Discover’s website to review the most recent version of these Terms. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, your continued use of or enrollment in Discover® Click to Pay after any such modification constitutes your acceptance of these Terms as modified. If you do not agree with the updates to these Terms, you may terminate these Terms and your use of Discover® Click to Pay. Discover shall not be liable to you or any third party as a result of any updates or modifications to the Terms.